Are you worried after seeing a process labeled “CTF loader” on your PC’s task manager? Or do you have the question “What is CTF loader“? First of all, there is nothing to panic at all. Feeling relieved? Let’s dig deep into this term and learn what it is how to deal with it.
An overview of ctfmon.exe
In general, there is a process called ctfmon.exe when you open the task manager on a Windows PC. Thankfully, this doesn’t take a considerably high amount of CPU usage or disk usage on your Windows OS. However, only a few individuals know what ctfmon.exe is and how to disable it if necessary.
PS: learn more about how to remove atiedxx.exe.
What is CTF loader?
Many Windows users wrongfully assume that ctfmon.exe is a virus. That is probably because it appears in the task manager in a somewhat suspicious way as the CTF loader. However, the good news is that it is not a virus or any other malicious software. Then what is CTF loader? Let’s find it out.
What’s the relationship between ctfmon.exe and CTF loader?
Well, there is a close relationship between CTF loader and ctfmon.exe. The term CTF stands for the Collaborative Translation Framework. This respective process in task manager is utilized to work with speech recognition and service languages on Windows OS. Also, ctfmon.exe becomes handy in waking up the language bar of MS Office. In addition to that, it plays a vital role in activating the Alternative User Text Input Processor.
CTF loader was not available in Windows XP or older versions. In other words, it was first introduced for Windows Vista and then continued through Windows 10. It becomes handy in various services associated with the text. For instance, it supports text, speech recognition, onscreen-keyboard function, and handwriting, etc. So, disabling ctf.exe is not the most appropriate option under general circumstances. Nevertheless, what if your antivirus program has detected that your CTF loader is under a malware attack? In that case, you will have to check if the respective .exe file is infected or not.
Disabling CTF loader on your Windows 10 computer
Before removing the ctfmon.exe from the PC, you should find out if it is really infected. In this case, you should follow the methods mentioned below.
01. Determine the actual CTF loader error on the computer
Under general circumstances, you will be able to find your ctfmon.exe file is located in your C drive. Precisely, it can be found by using the path C:\Windows\System32, and it will be inside the folder. If you are using a 64-bit system, it will be in the System 64 folder. Your antivirus program will suggest that your CTF loader has become a potentially harmful file. Then, your original ctfmon.exe might be found somewhere else.
So, you should check the current working condition of the ctfmon.exe on the system. Mentioned below are the steps to do it.
- Open your “This PC” icon simply by double-clicking it.
- Then, in “This PC” folder, you should navigate to “C:\Windows\System32“. Then, you should go to .exe file in the “System 32” or “System 64,” depending on the OS used.
- Once the ctfmon.exe is found, you should right-click on it and go to “Properties.”
- Once the properties window is opened, you will see several tabs. Under the tab called “Details,” you should see the option called “Digital Signature.” The “Digital Signature” of this file should read “Microsoft Corporation.”
- Once the location of the file is checked, and the digital signature is verified, you are done. You can then decide whether the respective .exe file should be removed or not.
If the ctfmon.exe file is there in the intended folder, and the digital signature matches, things are perfect. There is no need to worry about it because your CTF loader is not a virus at all. Also, there is no requirement to disable it on your Windows 10 OS so you can be relaxed.
However, things will get a little complicated if you cannot locate the file or the digital signature mismatches. So, what you must do is to stop the respective CTF loader on your PC.
02. How to disable ctfmon.exe on your Windows 10 PC?
When you don’t have a requirement to use an alternative input method, you can disable it. If the CTF loader has become an issue, there is no other option than disabling it. However, you must remember that you will not be able to use those alternative input methods after disabling it.
Before proceeding to the next step, you should check if your CTF loader works as expected. This can be determined by monitoring the task manager. Based on what you see there, you can follow the steps mentioned below and disable the CTF loader. After disabling it, that program will not appear when you start your Windows PC.
- First, access the “Run” box simply by hitting the “Windows” and “R” key on the keyboard. After that, you can simply enter the text services.msc in the box and hit enter. You can then click on “OK” so you will be guided to a new window.
- You can now find the option called “Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service.” Then click on it to open the properties. Please note that this service is related to the CTF loader in your Windows system.
- Now, you can locate the option “Startup Type” in the under “Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service Properties.” Make sure that you disable it.
- As the final step, you should click on the option “Apply” and choose “OK.” As of now, your ctfmon.exe will be disabled, and it will not be activated when you load the PC.
03. How to disable the CTF loader automatically?
Do you want to manage your ctfmon.exe file in a more effective way without taking much effort? If so, the best approach is to use a professional tool. In this case, one of the best options would be Advanced SystemCare. It has a special Startup Manager feature so that the process will be perfectly convenient. It is a very user-friendly method that allows you to manage your PC very conveniently. Apart from disabling it completely, you can even delay ctfmon.exe when the system starts.
If you have tried the manual method and failed to disable ctfmon.exe, use Advanced SystemCare Startup Manger.
Mentioned below are the steps you should take in order to use Advanced SystemCare.
- First, you should download and install Advanced SystemCare on your system and open it.
- Then, you should locate the Toolbox on the interface and hit the option called “Startup Manager.” As a result, you can get the option running.
- Now, in Advanced SystemCare Startup Manager, you will be able to locate a tab called “Services.” Find this option and select it so you can see the ctfmon.exe option is there. Choose the option and disable it.
- If not, check if you can see an option called ctfmon.exe under the option called “Startup Items.” If you can, just disable it.
Thanks to the smart algorithm of this software, you can even delay the CTF loader service. This option becomes particularly handy when ctfmon.exe gives problems associated with some programs you are running on the PC.
So, that’s our article about what is CTF loader and how to disable it when necessary. As we have mentioned, ctfmon.exe is not a virus. It is just a system process that is associated with various input methods of the OS. So, we don’t want to encourage you to disable it just because you see it running. Instead, you may disable it only if there is an issue, such as a malware attack. Other than that, you may leave it as it is because it doesn’t do any damage.