Every mobile phone has become really smart, and the most important usage of the mobile phone is the calling feature.
In addition to this, you won’t be able to hear music or view videos if the Microphone is not working. If the Microphone stops working on your iPhone, the whole purpose of buying a mobile phone seems to be useless.
The damaged Microphone can really frustrate you as well as the other person who is talking to you. There are many obstacles that cause such issues.
There are high chances that you will be concerned about fixing the issue. We will try to help you with solving the issue of damaged Microphone.
In many cases, it is possible to fix the issue by doing some basic things. But, in a few cases, you need a lot more effort to fix this issue.
However, don’t think that it is not entirely possible to fix the Microphone. In this blog, we will provide techniques to fix the ‘iPhone microphone not working.’
PS: If you are facing issues like Airpods not connecting to Mac, click to fix now.
There are various techniques to fix the iPhone microphone not working issue. Here are a few quick tricks to fix this issue.
- 1. Ensure that the iSight mic and the Microphone are not blocked by your fingers. Sometimes, it happens that the Microphone gets blocked by the fingers which results in the uneven functioning of the Microphone.
- 2. In case you face this issue, disconnect the audio accessories or Bluetooth headsets that are linked with the iPhone.
Open the Settings application < Bluetooth < hit on the i option besides Bluetooth accessory<click on the ‘Forget this device‘ button.
- 3. Other than this, remove the films, cases, and screen protectors, which have accidentally covered the iSight mic, iPhone receiver, or the Microphone.
- 4. Also, analyze if the application or cellular connection has an issue.
- 5. Launch the Voice Memos tool and hit on the record option. Now, say anything. As soon as you finish recording the voice, hit on the play button to listen to the recording.
If the sound is clear, then the Microphone is in proper condition. If you are unable to hear the recording properly, it means that your cellular connection can probably be the issue.
- 6. Sometimes, it can be possible that the Microphone is fine, but the application that you are operating is creating a problem. If that is the case, try updating the application (App Store<Updates). In case this solution doesn’t work, then try to delete the application and reinstall it.
Other Than This, Ensure That the Application Has Complete Access to the iPhone’s Microphone.
Follow this pathway.
- Head to the Settings option.
- Go to Privacy.
- Choose Microphone.
- Now, turn on the button that is right beside the application.
These are some quick fixes to the iPhone microphone not working issue. You can try these heading on to the detailed techniques. If these tips solve your problem, then it is good for you. Otherwise, move on to the next section to find out about other solutions.
If the above mentioned quick tricks didn’t help you, then we have a few detailed techniques to fix the iPhone microphone not working issue. Do not skip this part if you wish to repair the iPhone microphone.
Technique 1: Reboot the iDevice
The first technique to fix the iPhone microphone not working issue is to reboot the device. Try to reset the device to troubleshoot the problems. There are high chances that this will resolve the problem.
For iPhone 8/X and Newer
If you own any of these devices, then hold and release the volume up key as well as hold and release the volume down key.
Now, hold the side key until the logo of Apple displays on the device’s screen.
For iPhone 7 Plus/7
Tap and hold the volume key as well as the side key until you notice the logo of Apple.
For iPhone 6s and Older Version Along with iPad
Tap and hold the side button along with the home button at the same time until you see the Apple logo.
Technique 2: Update the iOS
Inspect once to see if your device is operating on the latest iPhone Operating System (iOS). There are certain issues that arise because of the update. Therefore, it is advisable to update the iOS immediately as the new update is launched.
Steps to Update
- 1. Launch the Settings application on iPhone.
- 2. Click on the General option.
- 3. Hit on the Software Update option.
- 4. If you see an update, tap on the ‘Download and Install‘ to update the latest iOS.
Try this technique to see if the issue gets fixed. If this doesn’t work either, do not worry. We have other solutions to fix the issue. Keep on reading to find out about the other techniques.
Technique 3: Analyze the Microphone
This technique can be tried easily. You don’t require any technical knowledge to solve the iPhone microphone not working issue. Check your device with Microphone using a voice memo, FaceTime, and Siri.
Steps to Execute the Technique
- 1. Hold the home button until Siri displays on the screen. As soon as it appears, talk to it. In case, Siri does not give a response, try to speak loudly.
- 2. Launch the Voice Memos application and begin recording anything. Play the recorded file to see if you can hear clearly.
- 3. Now, check the FaceTime application. Record a short video and play it to see if the sound is audible.
Technique 4: Analyze the Settings of the iPhone Microphone
There are a few times that the Microphone doesn’t work if you use certain applications. The permission settings are responsible for this problem.
To solve this problem, head to the Settings application and choose Privacy. You will see an option of Microphone. Tap on that to allow the applications to get access to the Microphone.
Technique 5: Get Rid of the iPhone Case
Remove the case of the iPhone because the designs of the iPhone device are quite different. Sometimes, the phone case might block the jack of the Microphone. Therefore, if you face the iPhone microphone not working issue, try removing the phone case as it could possibly cover the Microphone and speakers.
Now, test the phone with the steps given in technique 3. This is the easiest of all the techniques written in the blog. You just need to remove the case of the iPhone, and the problem will be solved.
Technique 6: Disable the Noise Cancellation Feature
This feature can help in reducing the noise while making a call. Noise Cancellation option is enabled in the device by default.
In case you have recently updated the software, the noise cancellation feature will be enabled. This can result in the issue of the iPhone microphone not working. It is quite simple to turn off this feature.
Steps to Perform the Technique
- 1. Go to the Settings application and select the General option. You will see an Accessibility option, scroll up and down to search for the Noise Cancellation button.
- 2. Turn the switch off to disable the Noise Cancellation feature.
This is a very easy method to help you fix the iPhone microphone not working issue. The steps are pretty easy and effective.
Technique 7: Contact the Apple Support
If all the techniques mentioned above fail to work, go for this technique to fix the iPhone microphone not working issue.
Contact Apple Support and fix the appointment with the service provider of Apple or an expert at the Apple Store.
Steps to Execute the Technique
- 1. Head to the Contact Apple Support and choose an iPhone.
- 2. Choose the Repairs & Physical Damage option.
- 3. Now, select the ‘Unable to hear through receiver or speakers‘.
- Note: In case, you don’t see an option to choose the ‘Unable to hear through receiver or speakers‘ option, pick the ‘The topic is not listed‘ option. Then, explain the problem and hit on the Continue button.
- 4. Tap on the Built-in speaker. Select the ‘Bring in for Repair‘ option.
Follow these instructions to fix the microphone issue.
Technique 8: Fix the iPhone Microphone Not Working Issue Without Losing Data
This is the last technique to fix this issue. If nothing works, then use this technique to repair the iPhone microphone. You can solve the issue with one click with the help of Tenorshare ReiBoot tool.
It is a trusted tool with excellent features to repair multiple issues of the iPhone easily, such as iPhone quick start not working. Download and install this program at a reasonable price. Solve any issue with the help of this tool. Go through the steps to understand the process.
Steps to Perform This Process
- 1. Install the software on the PC. Open it and repair your iOS device with the help of ‘Standard Repair‘.
- 2. Follow every guideline mentioned in the program to transfer the iPhone into DFU or Recovery mode.
- 3. Now, the device will turn into DFU mode with this procedure.
- 4. Download and install an appropriate firmware that is based on the device that you own.
- 5. Hit on the ‘Start Standard Repair‘ option to begin the solving process after completing the download of firmware. Wait for some time to fix all the iOS problems in the device.
Tenorshare ReiBoot tool is the correct choice if you need to fix any iOS issue. Go on to buy this program to prevent any issues with your iPhone.
Tenorshare ReiBoot is very trustworthy software. So, what are you waiting for? Download the program immediately from the official site of the Tenorshare ReiBoot.
If you use this application, you don’t need to worry about the loss of data. Overall, it is a very effective tool.
So, this was all about fixing the iPhone microphone not working issue. All the techniques that are written above have been tested by experts, and hence, they are reliable.
However, if your Microphone doesn’t get fixed with any of the techniques, then you should ask an expert to help you.
There are certain problems that can only be fixed by an expert. If you have doubts or queries regarding this blog, you can share them in the comment section.
We will try to get back to you as soon as possible. We hope that these techniques work for you.